Japanese Structural Balancing Therapy
Regulating the Muscles, Tendons & Fascia with Manual Techniques
One Day Special Topics Seminar | TWOMNSS 2019
Presented by Tsuyoshi Shimamura
Sunday 3rd March 2019
Hands-on: 70% | Lecture & Demonstration: 30%
In Oriental Medicine, it is not only understood that structure effects the function of the body and its organs or systems, but also that impaired function of certain systems or organs of the body effects the structure and the dynamic movement of the body. This explains why issues in structure or function can affect the other. However, structural imbalances can also be the simple cause of pain and discomfort anywhere in the body.
To effectively balance the body, we must include structural balancing into our treatments, and we must also know how to diagnose restrictions and imbalances in the structure, and how these restrictions affect the body and its systems as a whole. It is not commonly taught in Acupuncture schools today how to balance the structure of the body through simple remedial methods, and this is why Tsuyoshi Shimamura considers this to be an essential seminar for improving your clinical results using Japanese Structural Balancing methods that focus on regulating tension in Muscles, Tendons and Fascia and their connection to the skeletal system and other body systems.
This one day seminar will use a variety of Hands-on practical experience, Lecture and Demonstration to effectively teach the foundations of Japanese Structural Balancing Therapy which includes diagnostic assessment and treatment of Structural Imbalances.
Topics to be covered include
- The archetype of the free-moving healthy body structure
- Assessment of imbalances in the body structure, and how to include this into one’s total diagnosis and treatment.
- Training the hands to determine the status of the body based on muscular tone and joint position
- Root & Branch Treatment, Prenatal Qi & Postnatal Qi treatment through Manual Techniques
- Balancing the structures of the body with manual techniques that encompass:
Upper Body: Neck, shoulders, upper back, scapulae, ribs, arms, elbows, hands, and fingers.
Lower Body: SI joint, lower back, hips, legs, knees, ankles, feet and toes
- Usage of the Wooden Da Shin: Foundation methods of application, and when to apply it clinically.
- Basic remedial exercises to prescribe patients to improve mobility and Qi ow in major areas of the body
This seminar is open to Acupuncturists, Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Massage Therapists, GP’s.
New Zealand School of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine:
382c Manukau Rd, Epsom 1023 (Auckland), New Zealand
Please click icon below to view / download comprehensive seminar flyer (opens in new window)